Call ALL DAY Monday before the Senate votes on HR 34 at 5:30 pm EST to STOP:
- FDA Fast Tracking of ALL New Vaccines (3091 and 3092)
- Unconscionable Pharma and Vaccine Administrator Liability Shield for Fetal Vaccine Injury or Death Caused by Vaccines Given in Pregnancy (3093)
How to find U.S. Senate: Senators of the 114th Congress
Just when you thought you could start to prepare for your holiday season, a lame duck Congress is about to “Scrooge” the public over vaccines and give a huge holiday bonus to drug companies. Your action is urgently needed to email and fax your two US Senators over the weekend and call them on Monday to demand the removal of three sections (3091, 3092 and 3093) from a “Christmas Tree Bill” called The 21st Century Cures Act, HR 34 that was just passed by the US House of Representatives. Here are some of the few that opposed the bill on the House floor:
The 21st Century Cures Act legislation was originally passed in the house last year on July 10, 2015 as HR 6. NVIC issued a press release on July 22, 2015 and Barbara Loe Fisher, NVIC Co-founder and President, released a referenced commentary in opposition to this proposed legislation in which she said,
“The 21st Century Cures Act is a drug company stockholder’s dream and a consumer’s worst nightmare,” said Barbara Loe Fisher, NVIC Co-founder and President. “Making experimental drugs quickly available for the sick and dying, who voluntarily choose to use them, is one thing but Congress should not be greasing the skids to license experimental vaccines that government will recommend and legally require healthy children and adults to use. It is a prescription for disaster.”
After passing the house in 2015, the legislation stalled. Many of the provisions of HR 6 were broken up into several smaller bills, but over the Thanksgiving holiday, the legislation was quickly reassembled into a new version including some sections from HR 6 and adding some new sections, amending them all onto bill HR 34. HR 34 was originally a bill that only addressed “Tsunami Warning, Education, and Research”, but was passed by the US House of Representatives on November 30th as an 824 page monstrosity!
- Over this weekend on Saturday December 3rd and December 4th, FAX AND EMAIL your two US Senators demanding that they remove sections 3091, 3092, and 3093 from HR 34, the 21stCentury Cures Act. See sample letter below.
- On Monday December 5th, CALL your two US Senators and ask to speak to the person who is in charge of HR 34, The 21st Century Cures Act. Tell him/her that it is critical all 3 sections, 3091, 3092, and 3093, are removed because they fast track the approval of all vaccines and shield drug companies and vaccine administrators from liability for fetal injuries and deaths caused by vaccines marketed for and given to pregnant woman. Tell them that if this bill passes without these sections removed, you will be demanding that your state legislators REMOVE ALL VACCINE MANDATES from state law.
- To find your US Senators and their contact information, register/login to the NVIC Advocacy Portal, Click on the “National” tab on the top of your home page. Your two U.S. Senators are listed on the right hand side. Click on their names for direct links to all of their contact information. You can also find US Senate contact information
- Please FORWARD this email to your contacts asking them to help this weekend and Monday.This alert is also posted on the National Vaccine Information Center Facebook page and can be shared on social media.
SAMPLE FAX AND EMAIL
December 3, 2016
The Honorable FIRST NAME LAST NAME
Washington, D.C. 20515
Dear Senator LAST NAME,
As a constituent of yours, I am writing to you for your assistance.
On Monday, December 5th, you will be asked to vote on HR 34, the 21st Century Cures Act. Please amend HR 34 to REMOVE Sections 3091, 3092, and 3093 from this bill prior to voting because they shield drug companies and vaccine administrators from liability for fetal injuries and deaths caused by vaccines marketed for and given to pregnant woman and they rush the regulatory approval process by fast tracking all new vaccines.
Please remove the following sections from HR 34:
SEC. 3091. PREDICTABLE REVIEW TIMELINES OF VACCINES BY THE ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON IMMUNIZATION PRACTICES – Page 302 and 303
SEC. 3092. REVIEW OF PROCESSES AND CONSISTENCY OF ADVISORY COMMITTEE ON IMMUNIZATION PRACTICES RECOMMENDATIONS – Page 303-305