It’s The CDC August Vaccine Promotion – Back to school physicals AND it’s Vaccine Awareness Month. HOW CONVENIENT – Vaccine Exemptions: KNOW YOUR STATE LAW
By Dr. Sherri J. Tenpenny, DO, AOBNMM, ABIHM
I’ve seen so many questions and concerned posts about obtaining a vaccine waiver from your physicians. Rather than answering each of you, I recorded a short video (below) explaining some of the language used in state laws. All 50 states have legislation requiring specified vaccines for students; the list of required vaccines vs. recommended vaccines can vary from state to state.
All school immunization laws grant exemptions for children that have medical issues that could increase the rist of a vaccine side effect. If you are in California, West Virginia or Mississippi, a medical exemption is your only option and your state’s legislators have sadly tied your hands and the hands of your physicians. Obtaining a medical exemption can be difficult unless your physician recognizes the risk of vaccine injury and understands genetics and the impact of family history. I’m sorry to say the viciousness of the California legislature and California state medical board has made obtaining a medical exemption in Cali quite difficult to obtain.P
Philosophical or Personal Belief Exemptions
A philosophical exemption indicates that the statutory language of the state’s law does not restrict the exemption to purely religious or spiritual beliefs. For example, Maine allows restrictions based on “moral, philosophical or other personal beliefs,” and Minnesota allows objections based on “conscientiously held beliefs of the parent or guardian.”
If you are one of these 18 states, you can claim a personal right or philosophical exemption.
- East: Maine, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan
- Central: North Dakota, Oklahoma, Texas, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana
- West: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Colorado
A religious exemption indicates that there is a provision in the statute that allows parents to exempt their children from vaccination if it contradicts their sincere religious beliefs. A religious exemption can be obtained in 47 states – but the language that needs to be used for the exemption can vary from state to state. I strongly encourage everyone who is seeking a religious exemption to purchase a copy of Alan Phillips book, “Vaccine Legal Exemptions,” which can be purchased here through our affiliate link.
For further details:
- Here’s the link to the instructional video on exemptions HERE
- The NCSL, the National Conference of State Legislators has a link to EVERY state’s specific laws. If you want legal details, to go this link for specific details.
- The NVIC, the National Vaccine Information Center, has each law listed. IN ADDITION, they explain the specific language of the law, like I did this morning in this video. Go to this link, click on YOUR state, and find your law.
- Please read my article: “Are Middle Schools Breaking the Law?” HERE
- Please read my article: “The 18 little-known about the Meningitis Vaccine” before you allow it to be given to your college-bound teens. HERE
- Please read our holistic pediatrician, Dr. Janet Levatin’s article, “Parent’s Know Your Rights.” HERE
- Support Ohio Advocates for Medical Freedom (OAMF.org) – Tshirts, Yard Signs and letters to help HERE
All of this information, taken together, should arm you for protecting your child. School administrators must be educated – and challenged. I’m very sure they are only parroting the party line sent to them from the CDC. They are not familiar with vaccine injuries, and may not even know the specifics of their state’s law!
Be brave. Be bold. Be strong.
Confront those who would coerce you to undergo a medical procedure against your will and better judgment. The long term health, well-being and even the fertility of your children may be at stake.
Ask parents questions, doesn’t put them on the defensive with the vaccine issue.
Hand out to spread awareness – Contains CDC document on page 2. Print on both sides of 24 pound weight paper, fold in quarters. “Good afternoon, educate before you vaccinate” is what I say to strangers, then I leave. Some want to talk just have to watch their body language. If someone says to me about being anti-vaxxer, my reply is “LEARN THE RISK – READ THE PRODUCT INSERTS” and leave.
And this is the smoking gun – July 13 2018 court Stipulation – NO SAFETY TESTING
“Did you know there is NO government vaccine safety testing for 30 years as mandated by Congress in 1986?”
“Did you know that the government, HHS has chosen to increase vaccines by 300% since 1986 and defend against any claim vaccines cause harm, without any safety testing?”